Whether the needs are large or small, routine or complex, physicians and patients can depend on LabCorp/Integrated Genetics for access to a full range of the highest quality genetic services. As a leading provider of genetic testing and counseling services, Integrated Genetics offers the largest national commercial network of genetic counselors. Providing a broad range of counseling services, including prenatal and preconception, infertility, and hereditary cancer care, the genetic counseling team supports improved patient understanding that enables personalized informed decision-making. Integrated Genetics has more than 25 years of experience providing genetic counseling services to health care providers and their patients.
LabCorp's genetic counselors provide a wide-range of reproductive genetic counseling services, with the opportunity to counsel patients for cancer risk assessment, and with regard to Whole Exome Sequencing, where available.
Integrated Genetics currently has an opening for a Full-time Genetic Counselor to provide prenatal genetic counseling services in the Bay Area, CA.
- Analyzes intake information
- Provides genetic counseling, completes appropriate paperwork, and communicates results
- Contributes to the quality/development of clinical services
- Responsible for comprehensive counseling services, communication of results, documentation to physicians and patients, and contributing to the quality/development of our genetic counseling program
- Additional opportunities for professional growth include abstracts and publications, physician education and other projects
- Opportunity to work independently while being supported by our team of MD geneticists and genetic counseling managers
- Genetic Counselors have access to the expertise of a nation-wide organization of medical geneticists, biochemical and molecular geneticists, and over 100 counseling colleagues
- MA/MS in Human Genetics/Genetic Counseling
- ABGC/ABMG certification or active candidate status required
- Ability to obtain licensure prior to start date required