Specimen Processing Specialist (Laboratory Associate)
Location Utica, New York
Job ID 19-87853
- Prepare laboratory specimens for analysis and testing
- Spin samples, pour urine tubes, and create frozen samples
- Pick up and deliver samples to clients/hospitals
- Unpack and route specimen to their respective staging areas
- Accurately identify and label specimens
- Pack and ship specimen to proper testing facilities
- Properly prepare and store excess specimen samples
- Process all necessary paperwork to process and submit specimen
- Data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner
- Perform audits in order to resolve any outstanding issues
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of medical/clinical laboratory experience is preferred
- Comfortable handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong data entry and organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Able to pass a standardized color blind test
ScheduleMonday - Friday (4:30pm - 1:00am) and alternating Saturdays
See how your skills can connect to an amazing career opportunity.
Inclusion and Diversity
Harnessing diversity for competitive advantage.
Join LabCorp as an intern and do work that makes a difference.
What you need to know about applying at LabCorp.
Back to Job Navigation (Explore More)