Molecular Virology Associate Scientist (Monogram BioScience)- San Francisco, CA
We are seeking an enthusiastic Molecular Virology Associate Scientist to work within an integrated researcher team developing and performing novel cell-based and molecular assays that support and enable drug/vaccine development and inform individualized healthcare decisions. This position is based in our South San Francisco, CA office.
Principal responsibilities of this position include supporting:
- The development, optimization, scale up and validation of new assays and technology platforms
- The application of these technologies in clinical trials and research projects
- Internal studies or external collaborations to define and validate clinical utility
- Conducts routine to complex experimental procedures within overall scope of a research project and/or diagnostic test development project
- Maintains all appropriate records regarding data collection and interpretation of results
- Functions as a team leader when needed.
- Undergraduate degree in Virology, Molecular Biology or related area of Biological Sciences
- 5-7 years of experience in Molecular Biology and/or Virology
- Proficiency in cell and molecular biology techniques, including cell culture, cell based assays, nucleic acid amplification, molecular cloning and nucleotide sequencing.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suites - Microsoft Excel (create and modify spreadsheets) and PowerPoint (create and modify presentations).
- Ability to independently conduct and analyze critical experiments that further project goals.
- High technical proficiency and attention to detail is essential.
- Quick and eager to master new techniques and ability to multitask.
- Good organizational and data analysis skills are required.
- Ability to work within a fast paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Previous experience in assay development is preferred.
- Graduate level or Post Graduate Degree in Virology, Molecular Biology or related area of Biological Sciences
- Strong Project Management experience to plan and execute experiment initiatives
- Experience working in Genetics
- Strong data management for sample storage documentation
- Advanced level ability to read, analyze and interpret data