IHC Senior Technologist (3rd Shift)
Location Shelton, Connecticut Job ID 19-81158
LabCorp is searching for a Senior Technologist to join the IHC Department in Shelton, CT. The Senior Technologist is responsible for the following job duties include:
- Accurate processing of specimens and the timely submission of completed cases into the correct laboratory department. This includes labeling test slides and controls from requisitions/worksheets and requests from pathologists and inter-laboratory departments.
- Performs the duties of the general Histology laboratory to include paraffin microtomy, tissue processing and embedding, routine H&E and special staining.
- Knowledge and experience will be utilized in training, assisting and supporting other staff members.
- Maintains control tissue block and slide inventory
- Micro dissects paraffin blocks for DNA Procedures
- Processes Bone Marrow Core/Clot and LN Tissues
- Bachelors Degree in the Biological sciences is required.
- Minimum two years of progressive histology/pathology or medical laboratory experience.
- NYS SED Technologist license
- HT/HTL (ASCP) certified or eligible
- Detail oriented individual
- Thrives on opportunity to excel
- Organization skills
- Time Management
- 2-3 years or more of PC experience, including data entry skills and Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to maintain and provide documentation of 12 CEU credits annually in order to maintain NYS Licensure