Location Shelton, Connecticut Job ID 19-82131
Performs all technical duties related to the production of histo-pathological slides to include but not limited to:
- Embed human tissue
- Perform routine and special microtomy procedures
- Perform routine and special stains
- Prepare and discard reagents and material per lab guidelines
- Operate and maintain tissue processors, embedding instruments and automated staining instruments
- Perform preventive maintenance on all histological instruments
- Maintain logs, QC routine and special stains
- Follow all technical standard operating procedures
- Perform additional job functions required and requested by lab supervisor/manager/director
- Additional duties as assigned.
- HT or HTL (ASCP) Certification.
- Bachelor's or Associates Degree w/1-3 years of experience in Histology.