The health and safety of our employees, candidates and community members is very important to us. Due to the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we’re leveraging phone and video conferencing for the vast majority of our interviews to ensure we can continue to recruit exceptional people to further our mission to improve health and improve lives. If you have any questions about our remote-based interviewing process, our Global Talent Advisors are ready to virtually assist you.
If you love to interact with patients and play a role in their overall healthcare experience, as our Phlebotomist, you’ll be able to do just that. Our technology is second to none in the industry, and you’ll work with new electronic reporting and accuracy tools, allowing you to focus on your patients with confidence and increase your success rates. Your tasks will include patient and specimen collection, packing and shipping of specimen, preparing samples in a safe and skillful manner. It is important work that requires sensitivity, accuracy and confidentiality. Your daily interaction with patients and sense of ownership will be essential to our success.
- Entry to mid-level
- Minimal travel
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What does it take to be a successful Phlebotomist at LabCorp? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
Potential Career Path in Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist leads to Patient Services Team Lead.
Patient Services Team Lead branches to Patient Services Site Supervisor.
Patient Services Site Supervisor leads to Patient Services Supervisor.
Patient Services Supervisor leads to Patient Services Regional Manager.
Patient Services Regional Manager ends this branch.
Back to Job Navigation (Career Path)
LabCorp offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, holiday pay, and up to 144 hours of time off per year.
Life and Disability Insurance
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
Work Schedule: M-F 8 am- 5pm
- Perform blood collections by venipuncture and capillary techniques for all age groups
- Collect specimens for drug screens, paternity tests, alcohol tests etc.
- Perform data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner
- Process billing information and collect payments when required
- Prepare all collected specimens for testing and analysis
- Maintain patient and specimen information logs
- Provide superior customer service to all patients
- Administrative and clerical duties as necessary
- Travel to additional sites when needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Phlebotomy certification from an accredited agency is preferred
- Previous experience as a phlebotomist
- Proven track record in providing exceptional customer service
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Comfortable working under minimal supervision
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record if applicable
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Able to pass a standardized color blindness test