Billing Quality Control Coordinator (BQCC) - San Leandro, CA
Worksite Location: San Leandro, CA
The purpose of this position is to work with clients and divisional employees to resolve billing issues in order to increase cash and reduce bad debt. From findings, drive corrective action plans and monitor improvement.
- Acts to address clients with high bad debt experience by interfacing with sales and operations to create and implement action plans for improvement. Works with the client to address self-pay patient population, demographic denials, collection of balances due after adjudication by third party payer,
- Implements action plans to improve cash collections in IOPs
- Provides billing training to phlebotomists, Sales, and clients to ensure correct billing and prompt payment Training to include cash collections, obtaining appropriate 3rd party billing information, ABNs, and Medical Necessity.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- Zeroes in on specific client issues from analysis of corporate reports and other quantitative data and maintain conversational knowledge of all big client/employee issues.
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with employees, peers, and senior management, crossing departments, divisions and corporate lines to establish trust and confidence in the BQCC program to resolve issues.
- Participates in meetings with internal departments as needed (billing, sales, client services, branch, LCM, PSCs) to update and provide information regarding billing issues and activities. Act as liaison between billing and other departments.
- Establishes systems and process to manage, analyze and act on large volume of quantitative data.
- Travel, between 25 -- 50%
License/Certification/Education: Normally an Associate's Degree is preferred w/3-5 years of experience.
- Strong communication, both oral and written is essential in communicating with others located throughout a wide geographic area where the primary mode of communication is conference calls and email.
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of billing and accounts receivable processes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to evaluate, recommend and develop processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills needed, including the ability to communicate complex procedures clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Strong PC and systems skills (billing and laboratory systems) and working experience with major software applications for PCs.
- Establish effective follow up processes.