Lab Supervisor I - Cytology Prep
The Cytology Supervisor will oversee operations in our Cytopreparatory Laboratory in San Diego CA. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is well-versed in cytology prep processes, results driven and quality focused.
- Set standards for performance and deadlines in ways that are in line with the company's vision and communicate them to subordinates
- Organize workflow to attain optimal efficiency and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Monitor employee performance and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Hire and mentor new employees utilizing a hands on approach
- Ensure adherence to regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Normally requires a B.S./B.A. Degree
- CA Licensed Cytotechnologist (CT) or CLS Generalist, CT Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a clinical reference laboratory setting.
- Direct supervisor experience preferred.
- Experience with Cytopreparatory techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Effective Time Management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Must meet all State and Local licensing requirements for the state of CA
- Must meet CLIA requirements