At LabCorp/Sequenom, we foster innovation in molecular diagnostics, and we have a guiding vision in enabling healthier lives through the development of our products and services. Join the Bioinformatics team and take part in expanding the extremities of clinical diagnostics!
As a Bioinformatics Scientist, you will work closely with a team of technical and production professionals. You will be a key member in analyzing genomic and clinical data and providing analysis support to R&D and Clinical Lab. This role requires a broad knowledge of bioinformatics, statistics, and programming, paired with effective communication skills.
- Analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods and implement algorithms and software needed to perform analyses.
- Perform explanatory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns.
- Generate QC reports, Implement validation study and present the data to the clinical lab and R&D
- PhD in Computational of Bilogy or Bio Informatics or Computer science
- Master in Bioinformatics, applied Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics with 2-3 years of experience in clinical industry or in Diagnostics side.
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) preferred.
- Experience on statistical analysis in an industry setting preferred.
- Good coding skills in R, Perl or Python and BASH
- Skilled at SQL.
- Track record in combining analytic methods with data visualizations.
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter who can organize workloads.