3rd Shift Specimen Processing Specialist
MedTox Laboratories is a subsidiary of Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp). The integration of LabCorp and Covance in 2015 makes LabCorp the largest health care diagnostic company in the world. LabCorp operates in over 60 countries creating great opportunities for career growth and advancement across the world.
If you are motivated by job satisfaction, MedTox Laboratories is the place for you. Every day we make a difference in the way the medical community receives accurate results for our clients and patients. Come join an industry leader to grow your career in the Medical Laboratory Industry as a Clinical Laboratory Assistant
The Clinical Lab Assistant works in fast paced, production type environment performing a vital component of medical laboratory science. Receive on the job training for the pre-analytical processing of medical samples.
- Prepare laboratory specimens (blood and body fluids) for testing
- Mixing of chemicals in preparation for laboratory processing
- Prepare and scan documents
- Maintain a clean, well-stocked, organized work area
- Maintain clean glassware
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures including safety and quality standards
About our Company: MedTox Laboratories, a LabCorp Specialty Testing Group, located in the Roseville/New Brighton area operates a SAMHSA-certified drug testing laboratory and CAP and CLIA-certified clinical laboratory. Our comprehensive laboratory and testing services coupled with our commitment to excellent customer service ensures that our clients' testing programs operate as efficiently and effectively as possible. We are committed to building strong relationships with our clients; being responsive to their questions and adaptable to their needs.
Required Education, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Able to work in a fast paced production environment to meet established turnaround times
- One year health related work experience, a medical certification or college level courses in laboratory science or science background preferred
- Intermediate computer, typing and 10 key skills
- Must be able to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail