3rd Shift Entry Level Specimen Processor
MedTox Laboratories is a subsidiary of Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp). The integration of LabCorp and Covance in 2015 makes LabCorp the largest health care diagnostic company in the world. LabCorp operates in over 60 countries creating great opportunities for career growth and advancement across the world.
Are you are looking for a new, exciting, entry level opportunity into the healthcare field? If you are motivated by job satisfaction, MedTox Laboratories is the place for you. Every day we make a difference in the way the medical community receives accurate results for our clients and patients. Come join an industry leader to grow your career in the Medical Laboratory Industry as a Clinical Specimen Processing Specialist
The Clinical Specimen Processing Specialist works in fast paced, production type environment performing a vital component of medical laboratory science. Receive on the job training for the pre-analytical processing of medical samples.
- Receive and check in specimens and verify demographics
- Enter patient demographic details into database
- Prepare laboratory specimens (blood and body fluids) for testing
- Accurately label, sort, rack and deliver samples
- Storing, retrieving, and disposing of samples
- Maintain a clean, well-stocked, organized work area
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures including safety and quality standards
About our Company: MedTox Laboratories, a LabCorp Specialty Testing Group, located in the Roseville/New Brighton area operates a SAMHSA-certified drug testing laboratory and CAP and CLIA-certified clinical laboratory. Our comprehensive laboratory and testing services coupled with our commitment to excellent customer service ensures that our clients' testing programs operate as efficiently and effectively as possible. We are committed to building strong relationships with our clients; being responsive to their questions and adaptable to their needs.
Required Education, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Intermediate computer, typing and 10 key skills
- 6+ months prior work experience
- Must be able to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Work effectively in fast paced high volume environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Able to work independently under general supervision
- Able to stand for extended periods of time