Would you like to be a part of a team that plays a critical role in providing quality patient care and improving lives? Come join us at LabCorp! We are seeking a Hisotechnician/Histotechnologist for our laboratory located in Research Triangle Park. This position will be resposible for all phases of the histology lab, including: Embedding, Cutting, Staining, HIC, Special stains and slide send-outs.
- Perform tissue embedding following established procedures.
- Perform routine cutting of paraffin blocks on a rotary microtome.
- Prepare reagents following established procedures.
- Accession and log specimens, maintain documentation of workload volume, quality control data and all appropriate records as required by the department, company and various regulatory agencies.
- Maintain block files. Store specimens for future retrieval if necessary.
- Match slides and reports to ensure correct information is reported.
- Stain, coverslip and label slides (automated and manual). Perform special staining procedures offered in the histology laboratory (automated and manual).
- Research, troubleshoot and resolve inquiries or problems within the laboratory. Assist less experienced employees in researching, resolving and documenting problems.
- Other duties as required by the department.
- ASCP HT or HTL certification.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree with 1-3 years of Histology experience and meet all necessary licenses