Histology Team Leader
Location Research Triangle Park, North Carolina Job ID 19-75298 Date posted 01/10/2019
- Perform the functions of Histotechnologist.
- Responsible for assigning work when scheduled employees are absent and reviewing work.
- Administer quality control & safety programs.
- Advise management of problem areas.
- Assist in employee actions.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and customers on technical inquiries and test results.
- Trains new and existing staff on both technical & non-technical procedures.
- Checks and revises gross descriptions as needed.
- Performs PeopleSoft supply ordering and monthly inventory counting.
- Additional duties as assinged.
- B.S./B.A. Degree in Biology, Chemistry or related science (or 24 credits in Chemistry/Biology constituting a biological science major) as required by CLIA.
- 5 years of Histology experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead.
- Time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.