Genomics Operations Assistant (1st Shift)
The Integrated Oncology division of LabCorp is seeking an Ops Assistant to join their team at CMBP! The Operations Assistants team performs a variety of functions supporting both the Molecular Oncology and Genomics departments.
This position will have 1st shift hours from 9:30AM to 6:00PM, Tuesday -- Saturday.
- Performs daily worksheet preparation.
- Performs specimen receiving and accessioning.
- Includes coordinating, identifying and requesting shared samples.
- Includes prioritizing, sorting, scanning, tracking and routing of samples to the appropriate testing laboratories in the Laboratory Information System.
- Performs various laboratory maintenance procedures.
- Performs daily and weekly laboratory disinfection.
- Performs specimen delivery to required campus locations and labs.
- Addresses and responds to specimen inquiries throughout the day.
- Monitors and maintains consumable inventory.
- Performs data entry as needed.
- Corresponding with other laboratory support groups to resolve client inquiries and concerns.
- Reviewing test orders prior to specimen processing to ensure sample type is appropriate and all necessary information is included. This includes identifying mis-orders and contacting clients to obtain information necessary to complete testing performed at CMBP.
- Maintains 5S responsibilities.
- Calling clients to notify them of delayed or abnormal test results
- Adheres to the laboratory's quality control policies and maintains appropriate logs and records as required.
- Adheres to the laboratory's safety and compliance policies.
The 7,000-acre Research Triangle Park is the largest research park in the United States, and is home to over 140 organizations (Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, and Information Technology /Telecommunications) and has around 45,000 full time employees entering the Park each day. The Research Triangle itself is named for the Triangle formed by the three universities: Duke University at Durham, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and North Carolina State University in Raleigh.
With scientific expertise in esoteric testing, genomics, and clinical and anatomic pathology, LabCorp processes tests on approximately 470,000 specimens each day, applying advances in medicine and science to laboratory testing. LabCorp operates a sophisticated laboratory network, with corporate headquarters in Burlington, NC, and more than 48,000 employees worldwide. Our 220,000 clients include physician offices, hospitals, managed care organizations, and biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under ticker symbol LH. To learn more about our organization, visit our website at: www.labcorp.com.
- Requires an AAS degree in a life science OR a high school diploma
- 1-2 years of clinical lab experience
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and maintain quality standards determined by the clinical laboratory
- Attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience working in a lab setting preferred, but not required