Genomics Clinical Laboratory Data Analyst Supervisor
The Integrated Genetics division of LabCorp is seeking a Data Analyst Supervisor to join our diverse team of clinical laboratory professionals in Research Triangle Park, NC. The Data Analyst team is responsible for analyzing data generated from clinical molecular laboratories in the Research Triangle and in Westborough, MA. The team has expertise in analyzing sequencing data from next-generation, Sanger, or whole exome assays, as well as copy number data from MLPA and microarray analysis. The Supervisor will manage the employees and day-to-day operations, perform administrative tasks, and provide technical oversight. This is an office-based position and doesn't involve any laboratory bench work. We are seeking an individual that has strong leadership experience, along with excellent communication skills, and the ability to establish process improvements and improve efficiencies.
- Supervise the operations of the Data Analyst team to facilitate high quality molecular genetic testing within established timeframes, including accurate delivery of patient results, competency assessments, continuing education, and positive morale of staff.
- Provide technical oversight, and implement process improvements as needed.
- Monitor daily workflow, plan and schedule adequate coverage, and troubleshoot/escalate problems, as necessary.
- Directly supervise, train, and mentor staff. This includes clearly communicating expectations and evaluating individual performance.
- Interact collaboratively with laboratory directors, laboratory staff, genetic counselors, IT, and teams across the organization to maintain an efficient workflow and support quality of testing.
- Perform administrative tasks, including documentation, oversight for quality control and quality assurance, participation in proficiency testing, maintenance of SOPs, and maintenance and monitoring of individual and team performance metrics.
- Coordinate resources and support validations and user acceptance testing for new test launches.
The 7,000-acre Research Triangle Park is the largest research park in the United States, and is home to over 140 organizations (Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, and Information Technology /Telecommunications) and has around 45,000 full time employees entering the Park each day. The Research Triangle itself is named for the Triangle formed by the three universities: Duke University at Durham, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and North Carolina State University in Raleigh.
- Bachelor degree in a biological or related science required. Postgraduate qualification preferred.
- Seven years of experience working in a clinical laboratory, or four years with a Master's degree, or two years with a PhD.
- Previous leadership experience required
- Expertise in sequence analysis and familiarity with sequence analysis software (Sanger and/or NGS).
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience with clinical operations preferred.
- Familiarity with genetic concepts preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, quickly learn new tasks, and be meticulous.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic setting.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others and work cooperatively and effectively to set goals, resolve problems, and make recommendations.
- Proficiency in computing and internet skills, including use of in-house and online databases and browsers, and Excel and Adobe.