Cytogenetics Lab Supervisor (1st Shift)
Location Research Triangle Park, North Carolina Job ID 19-75504
Lab Manager Job Description:
- Oversee daily operations of Oncology Cytogentics testing.
- Structure work effectively and efficiently to meet established service levels.
- Communicate and collaborate with other departments as needed.
- Oversee and assist in implementing process and workflow improvements.
- Represent Oncology Cytogenetics testing in leadership meetings.
- Manage department budget and staffing efficiently.
- Ensure highest quality testing is being performed.
- Communicate with internal and external clients as needed.
- Requires a B.S./B.A. Degree in a hard science.
- Minimum of 7 years of clinical laboratory testing.
- ASCP Certified in Cytogenetics
Minimum Experience Required:
- 5 years of leadership experience.
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Financial awareness and ability to actively manage financial and operational tracking systems.
- Demonstrates ability to inspire effective teamwork.
- Demonstrates ability to lead by example and to encourage team members to seek solutions.
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence presenting to senior management.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to present to staff at all levels.
- Good computer skills with good working knowledge of range of computer programs.