Cytogenetic Clinical Trials Team Leader (1st Shift)
The Integrated Oncology Division is seeking a FISH Cytogenetics Clinical Trials Team Lead to join their Cytogenetics team! Assays performed in the Cytogenetics Department utilize a variety of scientific techniques, including specimen processing, slide preparation, and FISH analysis.
- Lead the lab operations of the FISH Department, including accurate delivery of patient results, competency assessments, continuing education, and positive morale of laboratory staff.
- Will attend staff and management meetings and oversee daily lab operations
- Responsible for laboratory performance criteria including: Coordinate workflow to ensure established turnaround times are met and monitoring and ensuring acceptable repeat and failure rates
- Monitor daily workflow in the lab
- Researches, troubleshoots, and follow-up on customer inquiries and problems
- As necessary, train and mentor laboratory testing staff
- Perform a wide variety of administrative duties for designated departments/Review, revise and implement SOP's
- Planning / scheduling for adequate assay coverage
- Assist with the hiring of qualified, enthusiastic employees
- Work closely and cooperatively with the FISH Lab Supervisors, directors, and other departments.
The 7,000-acre Research Triangle Park is the largest research park in the United States, and is home to over 140 organizations (Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, and Information Technology /Telecommunications) and has around 45,000 full time employees entering the Park each day. The Research Triangle itself is named for the Triangle formed by the three universities: Duke University at Durham, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and North Carolina State University in Raleigh.
With scientific expertise in esoteric testing, genomics, and clinical and anatomic pathology, LabCorp processes tests on approximately 470,000 specimens each day, applying advances in medicine and science to laboratory testing. LabCorp operates a sophisticated laboratory network, with corporate headquarters in Burlington, NC, and more than 48,000 employees worldwide. Our 220,000 clients include physician offices, hospitals, managed care organizations, and biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under ticker symbol LH. To learn more about our organization, visit our website at: www.labcorp.com.
- B.A./B.S. in Biology or relatable life science to include completion of 16 credit hours of Biology, 16 credit hours of Chemistry, and 3 credit hours of math required
- Licensed Cytogenetics Technologist CG(ASCP) through the ASCP Board of Certification
- Minimum of 5 years Cytogenetics experience,
- 2-3 years of FISH experience
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player