At LabCorp we have a passion in helping people live happy and healthy lives. Every day we provide vital information that helps our clients and patients understand their health. Are you passionate about helping people and have a drive for service - LabCorp could be a great next career step.
We are searching for a patient focused and results driven Laboratory Supervisor to lead our Hematology team on 1st and 3rd shift in Overland Park, KS. This role will lead the technical staff in the Hematology department of our core testing laboratory to meet turnaround times while providing efficient accurate results to clients and patients.
You must have the ability to relate professionally with people, analytical abilities, motivate others, possess strong organizational skills, time management, train employees/ensure competencies, exemplary written and verbal communications (with all levels of the organization), supervisory skills.
- Manage daily operations of a large-scale clinical reference laboratory with multiple testing departments (Chemistry, Hematology, Immunoassay, Microbiology, and Special Chemistry)
- Monitor status of testing, delays, lost specimens, lab accidents, and inform senior management of issues
- Interact with Sales team for client questions or concerns
- Conduct daily technical supervisor meetings and oversee daily regional operations meetings
- Monitor, approve, and make improvements to laboratory expenditures
- Maintain accountability in technical departments for testing completion, training & competency, staffing & overtime, and supervisory responsibilities
- Serve as liaison to clients, management, staff, and vendors for resolution of issues
- Drive continual improvement processes across all departments
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, or related discipline
- 5+ years of progressive supervisory/management experience in a reference laboratory
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements for clinical laboratories (CLIA, CAP)
- Excellent interpersonal, people management, team building, and mentoring abilities
- Ability to understand supply chain processes and the interactions between all parts of an operation
- Candidate must pass a standardized color vision screening
- ASCP-accredited Medical Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Experience working in an ISO 15189-accredited laboratory
ScheduleMonday through Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM with flexibility to work other hours as business requires