Cytotechnologist - Sign on Bonus or Relocation Assistance Available
OFFERING RELOCATION ASSISTANCE OR $10K SIGN ON BONUS
Cytotechnologists are key players in microscopically examining a wide variety of cellular body specimens to identify abnormal changes in cells that may be of inflammatory, premalignant, malignant or other changes. We seek detail oriented individuals who perform this process with a high degree of accuracy, precision, and timeliness with one objective in mind--to provide the patient with the most accurate and timely results. At LabCorp, our team views each specimen as a family member and treat it with the same urgency we would when assisting our own family! Our Overland Park Lab Anatomic Pathology lab is currently growing and we are excited to add additional energetic Cytotechnologists to our team. We are currently offering either relocation assistance or a $10k sign on bonus to qualified external cytotechnologist candidates to join our Kansas City Metropolitan team!
Join a team of Cytotechnologists who perform the following:
- Screens and evaluates any gynecologic and non-gynecologic specimen sent to the laboratory for the determination of possible malignant or related abnormal conditions.
- Process gyn and non-gyn specimens
- Assist with FNA, EUS, EBUS cases at various hospitals
- Responsible for proper documentation of workload recording including screening and non-screening activities as required by CLIA
- Required participation in annual proficiency testing
This is a full-time salaried position that offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation.
Here is a sample of the benefits LabCorp offers: Medical, dental, & vision insurance, immediate 401k participation, stock purchase program, free lab work, up to 18 days paid time off as a new employee, 6 paid holidays, short/long term disability, life insurance, access to discounts at major retailers, and career growth opportunities.
- Must be a Cytotechnologist (CT) certified American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification or equivalent
- Bachelors of Science from an accredited college/university and documentation of one year of training at an accredited school of Cytotechnology
- 1-3 years of experience. Including experience assisting with FNA's
- Ability to work individually within a team, stay focused, and have a strong attention to detail
- Proficient with computers
- Understanding of Cytopreparation techniques is recommended