Cytology Supervisor - Sign on Bonus or Relocation Assistance Available
OFFERING RELOCATION ASSISTANCE OR A 10K SIGN ON BONUS
Our Cytology department are key players in microscopically examining a wide variety of cellular body specimens to identify abnormal changes in cells that may be of inflammatory, premalignant, malignant or other changes. We are currently looking for an innovative and ambitious leader to lead our team of 3 cytology specialty lab assistants and 8+ cytotechnologists to ensure our tests are reviewed with a high level of accuracy, precision, and timeliness with one objective in mind -- to provide the patient with the most accurate and timely results. At LabCorp, our team views each specimen as a family member and treat it with the same urgency we would when assisting our own family! Our Overland Park Lab Anatomic Pathology lab is currently growing and we are looking for someone to lead this team. We are currently offering either relocation assistance or a $10k sign on bonus to qualified external cytology supervisor candidate who joins our team!
Under the guidance of our Laboratory Manager and Director of Anatomic Pathology, this position:
- Supervises the day to day operations of the department, this includes: Staff hires, scheduling, development, training and annual appraisals.
- Monitor workload allocation to ensure compliance with regulations and departmental turnaround time expectations.
- Responsible for all cytology laboratory inspection compliance and regulations.
- Establish and monitor employee competency.
- Ensures staff competency and remedial action if/when test systems deviate for acceptable standards.
- Oversee the cytology processing.
- Troubleshoot equipment and computer related problems.
- Validation of methodology and instrumentation.
- Perform duties of cytotechnologist as needed.
Our Cytology Supervisor receives a comprehensive benefits and competitive compensation package.
Here is a sample of the benefits LabCorp offers: Medical, dental, & vision insurance, immediate 401k participation, stock purchase program, free lab work, up to 18 days paid time off as a new employee, 6 paid holidays, short/long term disability, life insurance, access to discounts at major retailers, and career growth opportunities.
- B.S./B.A. Degree in Cytology. Must meet all State and Local licensing requirements where the laboratory is located to include CT (ASCP) certification or equivalent and must meet CLIA requirements.
- 5 years of experience as a Cytotechnologist
- Expertise in GYN and non-GYN cases and FNA's
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience
- Proficent Computer skills--Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis in Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Oustanding organizational and leadership skills
- Effective time management skills