Cytology Supervisor - Sign on Bonus or Relocation Assistance Available
OFFERING RELOCATION ASSISTANCE OR A 10K SIGN ON BONUS
Our Cytology department are key players in microscopically examining a wide variety of cellular body specimens to identify abnormal changes in cells that may be of inflammatory, premalignant, malignant or other changes. In Overland Park, our cytotechnologists screen both non-GYN and GYN slides. We are unique because in addition to this we also rotate our cytotechnologists to cover FNA (EUS, EBUS, Super D, etc.) at local hospitals. We use only ThinPrep testing for GYN's.
We are currently looking for an innovative and ambitious leader to lead our team of 3 cytology specialty lab assistants and 8+ cytotechnologists to ensure our tests are reviewed with a high level of accuracy, precision, and timeliness with one objective in mind -- to provide the patient with the most accurate and timely results. At LabCorp, our team views each specimen as a family member and treat it with the same urgency we would when assisting our own family! Our Overland Park Lab Anatomic Pathology lab is currently growing and we are looking for someone to lead this team. We are currently offering either relocation assistance or a $10k sign on bonus to qualified external cytology supervisor candidate who joins our team!
Under the guidance of our Laboratory Manager and Director of Anatomic Pathology, this position:
Supervises the day to day operations of the department, this includes: Staff hires, scheduling, development, training and annual appraisals.
Monitor workload allocation to ensure compliance with regulations and departmental turnaround time expectations.
- Responsible for all cytology laboratory inspection compliance and regulations.
- Establish and monitor employee competency.
- Ensures staff competency and remedial action if/when test systems deviate for acceptable standards.
- Oversee the cytology processing.
- Troubleshoot equipment and computer related problems.
- Validation of methodology and instrumentation.
- Perform duties of cytotechnologist as needed.
Our Cytology Supervisor receives a comprehensive benefits and competitive compensation package.
In addition, this position is located in Overland Park, KS -- the Southside of the Kansas City metropolitan area and is an ideal place to raise a family with reasonable cost of living and a home town feel within a major city, we are not congested like other large cities. In addition to our great food, especially our world famous barbeque -- Kansas City is home to a variety of sports teams such as major league baseball (the KC Royals), minor league baseball (the T-Bone's), NFL Football (KC Chiefs), Major League Soccer (Sporting KC), Women's Major League soccer (FC Soccer), the Speedway which hosts major Nascar events in the fall and spring and more! We also have museums such as the Nielson Akins Art Museum, the National World World 1 Museum, Steam boat Arabia, Truman Library, to name a few. We have the River/City market that has a lot of ethnic restaurants/grocery, a big Farmer's Market and is a stop on our Free Kansas City Street car that currently goes from the City Market to Crown Center/Union Station. There are tons of shopping here and entertainment including the Power and Light District, Kaufmann Center of Performing Arts to name a few. Whether you go down to the Country Club Plaza to watch the lights get turned on Thanksgiving night, enjoy the 4 seasons (winter, summer, fall, and spring), or take your family to one of the many parks/trails for a hike Kansas City has it all!
- B.S./B.A. Degree in Cytology. Must meet all State and Local licensing requirements where the laboratory is located to include CT (ASCP) certification or equivalent and must meet CLIA requirements.
- 5 years of experience as a Cytotechnologist
- Expertise in GYN and non-GYN cases and FNA's
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience
- Proficent Computer skills--Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis in Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Oustanding organizational and leadership skills
- Effective time management skills