Medical Science Liaison / Genetic Counselor
Integrated Genetics (part of LabCorp's Specialty Testing Group) has a great opportunity for a field-based Genetic Counselor. This Medical Science Liaison (MSL) position will work within a diverse team of field-based MSLs and serve as a scientific and clinical expert between Integrated Genetics and key opinion leaders (KOLs), healthcare professionals (HCPs), major medical associations and academic centers through the dissemination, clarification and education of pertinent scientific and clinical information.
Competitive salary offered for this leading edge role in industry, as well as a generous benefits package including a company vehicle and company 401k contributions. Work from your own home office when not traveling to meet with clinicians.
This position will be covering the Southeast. Candidate can be located in FL, TX, GA, SC or NC, or another state in the Southeast region. Travel is primarily regional throughout the Southeast, and will be at least 50% overnight.
The Medical Science Liaison establishes long-term science-based relationships with KOLs that help to ensure access to current, accurate and relevant scientific information through the process of education via one-on-one interactions, small group discussion, and presentations. The MSL also interacts with payers, local HCPs and consultants, investigators and collaborators as wells as various groups within the company, including, Sales, Marketing, Regulatory, Research/Development, and Clinical. The MSL also serves as an expert resource on Integrated Genetics products and associated disease states.
- Work within a diverse team of field based MSLs to provide educational support to providers, payers, and advocates on products and prenatal testing offered through the Integrated Genetics.
- Thought Leader Development: Serves as a liaison between Integrated Genetics and high level KOLs, to develop and build strategic relationships.
- Work with contacts outside of the company including health care providers, investigators and collaborators, influential clinicians, KOLs, and advisory boards, as appropriate.
- Serve as an expert resource on Integrated Genetics products and associated disease states and provide educational support for the field sales group and other internal partners.
- Work with payer and insurer Medical Directors as well as professional organization guideline committee members to assure that products are appropriately described for usage and coverage.
- Facilitate clinical advisory boards.
- Lead Clinical Congress and Symposia scientific activities in collaboration with R&D, marketing and other cross-functional team members.
- In collaboration with marketing, develop multi-channel medical educational activities and tools including speaker programs, slide kits, CME events, on-line educational events, etc.
- Master's Degree in Genetic Counseling/Human Genetics required
- ABGC/ABMG certification required
- Experience in Women's Health, Obstetrics, and/or Prenatal Diagnosis required
- Familiarity with key aspects of antenatal screening and prenatal diagnosis; working knowledge of molecular diagnostic technologies
- Ability to travel (up to 60%), work from home office (~40%). Overnight travel average 2 nights/week.