You’re a great test taker and an analytical thinker. You’ve been told that since you were little, and now you’ve got the degrees, licenses, and certificates to prove it. Our Cytotechnologists come with a variety of backgrounds and career stories that start just like this. Now, they help contribute to 70% of health care decisions nationwide. If this sounds like you, click on your desired Cytotechnologist position above and learn more about becoming a member of our team.
Cytogenetic Technologist Trainee
Integrated Oncology is seeking a Cytogenetic Technologist Trainee to join its team in New York! The Cytogenetic Technologist is responsible for performing all routine and special Cytogenetic/FISH procedures, microscopic/virtual analysis, and maintaining quality control. With minimum supervision, this position will participate in trouble shooting, and training of other employees as necessary.
- Perform Cytogenetic scanning/analysis of chromosomes
- Culture initiation, harvesting of cells, staining slides from bone marrow, leukemic blood and tissue samples
- Perform FISH hybridization, washes, scoring on bone marrow, leukemic blood and tissue samples
- Review test requisition to gather pertinent details for analysis
- Independently perform all laboratory tasks designed to diagnose chromosomal abnormalities from patient specimens and process lab specimens
- Summarize test results utilizing ISCN nomenclature
- Reagent preparation and reagent labeling
- Perform and evaluate troubleshooting, document all corrective actions as needed
- Quality Control, document daily performance criteria of reagents and equipment
- Assist in the validation of new test methods/instrumentation/reagents
- Provide assistance to non-technical staff and trainees as needed
- Perform equipment maintenance
- General lab support duties to include: filing, label making, obtaining or ordering supplies, collating slides or files
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Perform duties in accordance with established standards and quality control to ensure high quality patient care
- Additional duties as assigned
- Requires a B.A./B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, the physical sciences, Cytogenetics, or Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Minimum one year laboratory experience in human cytogenetics/FISH (or recently graduated from a Cytogenetics degree program).
- NY State Clinical Laboratory License or eligibility.
- ASCP Certification in Cytogenetics.