You’re a great test taker and an analytical thinker. You’ve been told that since you were little, and now you’ve got the degrees, licenses, and certificates to prove it. Our Cytotechnologists come with a variety of backgrounds and career stories that start just like this. Now, they help contribute to 70% of health care decisions nationwide. If this sounds like you, click on your desired Cytotechnologist position above and learn more about becoming a member of our team.
Cytogenetic Tech Trainee
The Integrated Genetics Division is seeking a Cytogenetic Technologist Trainee to join their Cytogenetic team! Assays performed in the Cytogenetic Department utilize a variety of scientific techniques, including specimen culturing, slide preparation, and chromosome analysis.
- Culture initiation, harvesting of cells, staining slides from bone marrow, leukemic blood and tissue samples
- Analysis of chromosomes, which may include imaging and karyotyping of cytogenetic specimens, and running of the automated metaphase finder.
- Review test requisitions to gather pertinent details for analysis as needed and summarizes test results utilizing ISCN nomenclature.
- Reagent preparation and reagent labeling
- Quality Control, document daily performance criteria of reagents and equipment
- Perform equipment maintenance
- General lab support duties to include: filing, label making, obtaining or ordering supplies, collating slides or files
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Perform duties in accordance with established standards and quality control to ensure high quality patient care
- Additional duties as assigned
- Requires a B.A./B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, the physical sciences, Cytogenetics, or Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
- NY State Clinical Laboratory License or eligibility.