Medical Technologist (ASCP)
Morrisville, North Carolina
Our technology is second to none and so are our Medical Technologists. Whether it’s genomic testing, ensuring quality, or pioneering new research, our Medical Technologists continue our 35-year tradition of being one of the premier testing laboratories in the world. Sound like an amazing opportunity? Learn more about the role below and apply.
- Full Time
- Entry to mid-level
- Minimal travel
What does it take to be a successful Medical Technologist at LabCorp? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Detail-oriented 8
- Responsible 10
- Positive 9
- Independent 7
- Patient 8
- Confident 7
Our Benefits / Perks
LabCorp offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, holiday pay, and up to 144 hours of paid time off per year.
Paid Time Off
Life and Disability Insurance
At LabCorp, we are recognized as a leader in healthcare innovation because of our exceptional people. Our team is driven by an energized purpose to improve health and improve lives.
Here, you'll partner across the healthcare spectrum as you build relationships with LabCorp team members.
LabCorp is currently seeking a Medical Technologist (ASCP) in our Morrisville, NC location.
This individual's areas of responsibility may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform laboratory testing in a timely and efficient manner for research, quality control, proficiency, etc. specimens utilizing appropriate laboratory instrument/equipment and approved procedures/protocols.
- Evaluate, operate, and maintain NMR laboratory instruments and equipment to ensure efficient operations and accurate results. Establish and perform daily maintenance of instruments and equipment as well as identify appropriate sources for repairs. Resolve routine problems independently.
- Make decisions concerning the results of quality control and quality assurance measures. Remedy abnormal performance of instruments, reagents, etc. at the earliest possible time by surveillance of quality control results, and other measures as reflects of instrument performance.
- Assist in evaluating, developing and implementing proper procedures to maintain accuracy and precision for NMR lab operations.
- Open packages containing research samples and evaluate for quality and quantity
- Notify clients of arrival and condition of samples if required
- Daily maintenance of GRS logs including handwritten and electronic
- Plan workload to ensure specimens are thawed, accessioned, pipetted and presented for analysis daily
- Complete all steps necessary to prepare specimens for analysis according to SOPs
- Communicates with GRS staff as needed to ensure data timelines are met
- Disposition residual specimens in accordance with SOP and client's specifications
- Liaises with couriers to return samples within the US and internationally; ensures samples are viable until destination is reached
- Maintains all paperwork and provides it as need to Data Coordinator
- Identifies and communicates discrepancies in a timely manner
- Ensures quality control throughout process
- Maintains inventory of all GRS samples
- Returns samples upon request according to "Packaging and Shipping of Dangerous Goods Harmonization of Regulations Standards"
- Demonstrate teamwork conduct and maintain cooperative working relationships with intradepartmental and interdepartmental personnel.
- Participate in continuing education for growth and maintenance of professional competence.
- Work closely with upper management to ensure compliance with all applicable safety regulations, laws, and standards of practice.
- Chair the Safety Committee and delegate safety related work among committee members, including (but not limited to) updating SDS, chemical inventories, and maintaining fire extinguishers.
- Schedule and lead regular laboratory safety inspections.
- Perform annual review of appropriate SOP's and update/modify, as necessary to implement Laboratory Safety Plan.
- Report the occurrence of known safety issues, identified near misses and dangerous conditions within the facility, as well as any actions taken, either proactively, or based on occurrences.
- Ensure that procedures, trainings and equipment are available to provide a safe working environment.
- Maintain and monitor safety program, correct unsafe acts or conditions through the regular line of authority and maintain appropriate safety records and statistics.
- Provide and/or conduct safety training as needed.
- Identify and facilitate safety improvement projects.
- Keep track of safety related incident reports. Manage and report information related to safety matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Identify and communicate potential system vulnerabilities to management.
- Contributes to a culture of safety. Models optimal behavior and encourages others to participate in safety initiatives.
- Position requires a Medical Technologist Degree/ Certification (ASCP)
- Basic knowledge of clinical laboratory instrumentation, (including preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, validation), quality control and calibration procedures
- Basic knowledge of quality control principles
- Basic knowledge of routine clinical laboratory testing procedures and ability to produce concise and accurate working protocols
- Working knowledge of biological and chemical safety protocols, and laboratory safety rules
- Knowledge of basic statistics a plus
- Knowledge of OSHA standards, and regulations to provide a safe working environment a plus.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to meet scheduled deadlines
- Ability to work positively and professionally with employees
- Ability to work across departments
- MS Excel and MS Word skills
- Ability to learn in-house software systems
- Ability to learn NMR
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to read, comprehend and strictly follow all relevant safety procedures
- Ability to appropriately complete compliance forms such as temperature, maintenance etc.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure, performing duties associated with the job
- Ability to speak and write fluently in the English language
ScheduleMonday - Friday (8AM - 5PM)
- Support Services Supervisor - Records/Specimen Control Morrisville, North Carolina