The health and safety of our employees, candidates and community members is very important to us. Due to the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we’re leveraging phone and video conferencing for the vast majority of our interviews to ensure we can continue to recruit exceptional people to further our mission to improve health and improve lives. If you have any questions about our remote-based interviewing process, our Global Talent Advisors are ready to virtually assist you.
If you love to interact with patients and play a role in their overall healthcare experience, as our Phlebotomist, you’ll be able to do just that. Our technology is second to none in the industry, and you’ll work with new electronic reporting and accuracy tools, allowing you to focus on your patients with confidence and increase your success rates. Your tasks will include patient and specimen collection, packing and shipping of specimen, preparing samples in a safe and skillful manner. It is important work that requires sensitivity, accuracy and confidentiality. Your daily interaction with patients and sense of ownership will be essential to our success.
- Entry to mid-level
- Minimal travel
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What does it take to be a successful Phlebotomist at Labcorp? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
Potential Career Path in Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist leads to Patient Services Team Lead.
Patient Services Team Lead branches to Patient Services Site Supervisor.
Patient Services Site Supervisor leads to Patient Services Supervisor.
Patient Services Supervisor leads to Patient Services Regional Manager.
Patient Services Regional Manager ends this branch.
Back to Job Navigation (Career Path)
Labcorp offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, holiday pay, and up to 144 hours of time off per year.
Life and Disability Insurance
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
Work Schedule: Varies
Are you seeking an opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about leading teams/people? Do you want to have an impact on improving health and people's lives? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a Phlebotomy Supervisor with LabCorp!
From leading our Phlebotomists, to going above and beyond to ensure all patients and clients have an optimum experience, as a Phlebotomy Supervisor you will plan, manage and direct all aspects of our LabCorp patient service centers and designated client locations.
- Supervise a team of 15 phlebotomists working in Patient Service Centers and/or physician's offices in Bloomington, MN
- Manage patient flow, wait times, and inventory levels and information logs
- Monitor monthly productivity and report any deviations as necessary
- Coordinate phlebotomists' schedules through resourceful and creative thinking
- Perform operational duties such as payroll, monthly schedules and performance appraisals
- Partner with Human Resources regarding employee relations issues and disciplinary actions
- Hire and train phlebotomists to fill any open positions
- Communicate effectively to internal and external customers including patients, client office staff, sales team, logistics and senior management
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patients and clients
- Assist in the set-up of new Patient Service Centers or Client Offices
- Provide resolution of any patient or client issues
- Perform, collect and prepare specimens when needed
- Travel to additional sites as necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Phlebotomy certification from an accredited agency is a plus
- Previous experience as a phlebotomist; 4 years is preferred
- Prior supervisor experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to lead others
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize duties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Working knowledge of MS Office
Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day. Apply now!