MedTox Laboratories is a subsidiary of Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp). The integration of LabCorp and Covance in 2015 makes LabCorp the largest health care diagnostic company in the world. LabCorp operates in over 60 countries creating great opportunities for career growth and advancement across the world.
If you are motivated by job satisfaction, MedTox Laboratories is the place for you. Every day we make a difference in the way the medical community receives accurate results for our clients and patients. Come join an industry leader to grow your career in the Medical Laboratory Industry as a Forensic Instrumentation Technologist II.
MedTox Forensic Laboratory Team is seeking a Forensic Instrumentation Technologist II. Utilize your science degree / background and receive on the job training working in a fast pace environment for performing routine confirmation testing of drugs of abuse in patient samples according to established testing procedures. The instrumentation department works with GC, GC/MS, HPLC and LC/MSMS instruments to analyze the concentration of drug if present in the sample. This laboratory is fast-paced and performs a variety of high complexity testing including workplace drug testing, federal drug testing and medicated assisted drug treatment testing on urine, oral fluid, blood, and serum samples types. MedTox Technologists perform a vital component of medical laboratory science.
This position requires two years of laboratory experience and analyzes esoteric batches in addition to performing routine technologist tasks.
- Analyze and write up esoteric batches -- DARS (Drug Abuse Recognition System), Steroids, Ethanol, and Nitrites
- Receive urine, oral fluid, and blood specimens for testing; evaluate specimens and test orders; determine priority of work and batches to maintain acceptable turn-around-time
- Evaluate raw and final data for accuracy; recognize and correct errors and unusual results; interpret results to produce a final report
- Work with GC, GC/MS, HPLC, LC/MSMS instruments
- Recognize unacceptable and unusual specimens and handle appropriately
- Use quality control samples and proficiency samples
- Follow quality control rules; monitor controls for error detection and take corrective action; maintain laboratory records, maintenance logs, quality control charts, reagent and standard logs, and worksheets
- Maintain, calibrate, and clean laboratory equipment; perform scheduled and as needed maintenance and critical function checks recognizing significant changes in instrument function; troubleshoot as indicated
- Perform all duties according to standard operating procedures and/or supervisor instruction
- Maintain a fully operational understanding of chain of custody processes within the lab
- Deliver quality patient care in the form of diagnostic and occupational testing while maintaining efficiency
- Perform preventative maintenance and quality control with appropriate documentation
- Other duties as assigned
About our Company: MedTox Laboratories, a LabCorp Specialty Testing Group, located in the Roseville / New Brighton area operates a SAMHSA-certified drug testing laboratory and CAP and CLIA-certified clinical laboratory. Our comprehensive laboratory and testing services coupled with our commitment to excellent customer service ensures that our clients' testing programs operate as efficiently and effectively as possible. We are committed to building strong relationships with our clients; being responsive to their questions and adaptable to their needs.