MedTox Laboratories is a subsidiary of Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp). The integration of LabCorp and Covance in 2015 makes LabCorp the largest health care diagnostic company in the world. LabCorp operates in over 60 countries creating great opportunities for career growth and advancement across the world.
If you are motivated by job satisfaction, MedTox Laboratories is the place for you. Every day we make a difference in the way the medical community receives accurate results for our clients and patients. Come join an industry leader to grow your career in the Medical Laboratory Industry as a Clinical Toxicology Technologist Trainee or Technologist.
The Clinical Toxicology Technologist Trainee or Technologist receives on‑the‑job training for the pre‑analytical extraction prep of patient samples in the Clinical Toxicology Laboratory. This laboratory is fast‑paced and performs a variety of high complexity testing including therapeutic drug testing, designer panel drug testing, pain oral fluid drug testing, occupational drug testing, autopsy testing, unknown analysis testing, pharmaceutical testing, and drug confirmation testing on blood, serum, urine, and meconium sample types. The Extraction Bench uses a variety of extraction techniques ranging from liquid liquid, solid phase, plate, and automated pipetting system extractions.
The following duties reflect key responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Retrieve specimens for testing; evaluate specimens and test orders; determine priority of work and batches to maintain acceptable turn‑around‑time
- Recognize unacceptable and unusual specimens and handle appropriately
- Adhere to SOP while performing extractions on patient samples, calibration samples, quality control samples, and proficiency samples
- Use GDP in all documentation
- Maintain, calibrate and clean instrumentation / work area; perform scheduled/routine maintenance and critical function checks; recognize significant changes in instrument function; troubleshoot as indicated
- Maintain accurate records and documentation for all laboratory tests and equipment including, but not limited to, maintenance logs, temperature logs, disinfection logs and assay SOPs
- Evaluate, use and/or prepare laboratory reagents, standards and quality controls according to established department standard operating procedures and established timeframes
- Deliver accurate high quality patient care while maintaining efficiency
- Participate in the instruction and training of others; demonstrate and/or explain the testing process to others or observe the testing process as performed by others
About our Company: MedTox Laboratories, a LabCorp Specialty Testing Group, located in the Roseville / New Brighton area operates a SAMHSA-certified drug testing laboratory and CAP and CLIA-certified clinical laboratory. Our comprehensive laboratory and testing services coupled with our commitment to excellent customer service ensures that our clients' testing programs operate as efficiently and effectively as possible. We are committed to building strong relationships with our clients; being responsive to their questions and adaptable to their needs.