MedTox Laboratories is a subsidiary of Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp). The integration of LabCorp and Covance in 2015 makes LabCorp the largest health care diagnostic company in the world. LabCorp operates in over 60 countries creating great opportunities for career growth and advancement across the world.
If you are motivated by job satisfaction, MedTox Laboratories is the place for you. Every day we make a difference in the way the medical community receives accurate results for our clients and patients. Come join an industry leader to grow your career in the Medical Laboratory Industry as a MCT Laboratory Assistant.
The Moderately Complex Testing (MCT) Laboratory Assistant receives on-the-job training for the pre-analytical preparation and support of patient sample testing. The MCT Laboratory is fast-paced and performs a variety of testing, including therapeutic drug testing and drug screening analysis on blood, serum, urine, and meconium sample types. The MCT Laboratory Assistant will primarily retrieve, aliquot, and route samples for confirmation testing, operate the tip washer, monitor email requests, and ensure the MCT-Hamilton area is clean and stocked.
Key Technologist Responsibilities:
- Locate, retrieve, aliquot and track movement of samples (primarily urine and blood) for initial testing and confirmation testing; evaluate specimens and test orders; determine priority of work and batches to maintain acceptable turn-around time.
- Prepare all paperwork, racks, and controls for the Hamilton process; use Good Documentation Practices (GDP) in all documentation.
- Verify name(s), identifier(s), and container location/movement; apply labels appropriately.
- Recognize unacceptable and unusual specimens and handle appropriately; identify and flag (TIQ) issues with samples.
- Sort and forward all accessioned samples requested for confirmation and repeat testing; tracking all movement through the database.
- Maintain a clean, well-stocked, organized area.
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures, including safety and quality standards.
- Promote a positive work environment and team participation.
- Participate in the instruction and training of others; demonstrate and/or explain the testing process to trainees.
About our Company: MedTox Laboratories, a LabCorp Specialty Testing Group, located in the Roseville/New Brighton area operates a SAMHSA-certified drug testing laboratory and CAP and CLIA-certified clinical laboratory. Our comprehensive laboratory and testing services coupled with our commitment to excellent customer service ensures that our clients' testing programs operate as efficiently and effectively as possible. We are committed to building strong relationships with our clients; being responsive to their questions and adaptable to their needs.