LabCorp Spanish Bilingual Supervisor - Patient Customer Service
At LabCorp, we are recognized as a leader in healthcare innovation because of our exceptional people. Our team is driven by an energized purpose to improve health and improve lives. Here, you'll partner across the healthcare spectrum as you build relationships with LabCorp team members.
- Supervises the day-to-day functions of the Patient Billing Call Center area. Has direct supervisory responsibility for 10-20 non-exempt employees. Accountable for the performance of the department and the employees. Responsible for making sure that the department has adequate phone coverage and that correspondence is processed in a timely manner.
- Evaluates employee performance and conducts quarterly and annual employee reviews. Responsible for administering Performance Improvement plans when employee performance is sub-par; and responsible for administering disciplinary actions when policy violations occur.
- Responds to and resolves complex problems in response to client billing inquiries and problems; this includes handling irate patient calls. Uses multiple billing systems and lab systems to research, troubleshoot and resolve problems in order to address patient complaints.
- Provides coaching and guidance to staff and leads by example. Is an advocate of continuous improvement and LEAN principles. Performs formally documented GEMBA walks no less than twice per month.
- Holds monthly departmental meetings with staff. Attends meetings as requested by management and Human Resources.
- Reports directly to the Manager of Patient Customer Service.
License/Certification/Education: Normally requires an Associates Degree w/3-5 years of experience in related field.
- Current or Prior Supervisory and/or Leadership experience, minimum 3 years, required.
- Excellent Spanish Bilingual communication skills: oral and written, required
- Direct experience managing and/or leading 10 or more team members, preferred.
- Call center experience in a medical billing environment, strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and written with all levels of management and staff.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Workforce Optimization (WFO) are a plus.
- Understanding and ability to apply Six Sigma and Lean Concepts are a plus.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task