Float Phlebotomist - Pittsburgh, PA region
McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania
If you love to interact with patients and play a role in their overall healthcare experience, as our Phlebotomist, you’ll be able to do just that. Our technology is second to none in the industry, and you’ll work with new electronic reporting and accuracy tools, allowing you to focus on your patients with confidence and increase your success rates. Your tasks will include patient and specimen collection, packing and shipping of specimen, preparing samples in a safe and skillful manner. It is important work that requires sensitivity, accuracy and confidentiality. Your daily interaction with patients and sense of ownership will be essential to our success.
- Full Time
- Entry to mid-level
- Minimal travel
What does it take to be a successful Phlebotomist at LabCorp? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right combination of talents.
- Adaptable 7
- Compassionate 10
- Collaborative 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Patient 8
- Quick-thinking 7
Labcorp is a great way to get your foot in the door. You will gain tons of experience. There are different areas you can move into. There is tuition reimbursement if someone is going to school. I like the management team. They are understanding and always willing to work with you. Benefits are very nice as well.~ Phlebotomist
Our Benefits / Perks
LabCorp offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, holiday pay, and up to 144 hours of paid time off per year.
Paid Time Off
LabCorp is currently seeking an experienced Phlebotomist - Float for our Pittsburgh, PA region. This is a full timebenefited position working on the day shift. This position will be able to cover all sites within the Western PA and Northeastern MD area and may work at multiple sites in one day. Prefer at least 2 years of recent phlebotomy experience drawing patients of all ages. Good data entry skills and a desire to provide excellent customer service to our clients and patients will be needed. Previous specimen handling/processing experience would be helpful. Must be at least 21 years or older with a valid Driver's License and a good driving record. Must be able to drive in all weather conditions.
- Perform blood collections by venipuncture and capillary techniques for all age groups
- Collect specimens for drug screens, paternity tests, alcohol tests etc.
- Perform data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner
- Process billing information and collect payments when required
- Prepare all collected specimens for testing and analysis
- Maintain patient and specimen information logs
- Provide superior customer service to all patients
- Administrative and clerical duties as necessary
- Travel to additional sites when needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Phlebotomy certification from an accredited agency is preferred
- Previous experience as a phlebotomist
- Proven track record in providing exceptional customer service
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Comfortable working under minimal supervision
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record if applicable
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Able to pass a standardized color blindness test
Schedulevariable hours between 4:30am - 5pm with a Saturday rotation
- Lab Assistant/Specimen Accessioner/Data Entry in McKees Rocks, PA McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania