Recognized as one of Forbes's 2020 World's Best Employers and named to Fast Company magazine's list of 2021 Most Innovative Companies, Laboratory Corporation of America (Labcorp) is seeking to hire a Specialty Development Executive (SDE) to help identify and shape opportunities for our continued growth across our Genetics and Women's Health segment.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Genetics and Women's Health sales team of a leading global life sciences company that advances patient health and powers clear, confident decisions through its diagnostics and drug development offerings.
This Regional position reports to the Rare Pediatric Disease Sales Director, and will be responsible for effectively communicating and selling the benefits of the Labcorp Rare Pediatric Disease Genetics commercial products to clinicians and department personnel for their assigned geographic territory. The SDE provides direct sales and services primarily to Geneticists, Genetic Counselors, Neurologists, regional reference laboratories and hospitals. This is a true hunter role, and the candidate is expected to prospect, develop and close his or her own sales targets on a monthly basis.
Due to the COVID health crisis, this position will work primarily remotely with some occasional in office physician meetings. Once restrictions are lifted, the position will call-on physicians in person, and will require regular travel 50-75 % within the assigned territory.
The geographic territory for this position will cover several states: Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Sell laboratory testing services to professionals within the Rare Pediatric Disease space, including Geneticists, Genetic Counselors, Neurologists, Regional Reference Labs and Hospitals
- Meet and exceed sales goals and achieve maximum sales growth in assigned territory
- Successfully build and execute an annual business plan with quarterly updates
- Cold call and build a sales pipeline that will provide ongoing revenue goal achievement
- Accurately forecast and maintain a sales funnel of new opportunities in-line with a 90-day quota
- Effectively manage travel logistics to maximize sales productivity
- Collaborate, communicate and actively contribute to new business opportunities with Labcorp Clinical Sales counterparts
- Collaborate closely with team members to retain current book of business
- Attend local and national professional trade shows and events as requested
- Effectively communicate value propositions to all targeted customers and prospects
- Perform in-services, training and implementation with pertinent personnel and physician staff
- Update all relevant customer account information into CRM Data Management Systems (Salesforce)
- Provide ongoing customer support, education on focus products and market updates for current customer base