Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Lead Technician in Los Angeles, CA. In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives".
National Genetics Institute (NGI), a wholly owned subsidiary of LabCorp, is seeking a Laboratory Technician to work in our laboratory in Los Angeles, CA! NGI provides the global plasma industry with comprehensive donor qualification and source plasma donation screening services including advanced genetic testing and viral marker testing (VMT). For over 25 years, NGI has provided the global plasma industry with source plasma donation screening services for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis A, B, and C viruses (HAV, HBV, and HCV), parvovirus B19, West Nile virus and other infectious agents to ensure the safety of the plasma supply chain.
The work schedule for this position will be Monday -- Friday from 7am -- 3:30pm
- This position will focus heavily on sample management, processing incoming shipments, and operating and troubleshooting robotic instruments. Please note, there is no actual hands on wet lab work involved.
- Perform routine laboratory duties within the Pooling department including: Specimen receiving; process incoming shipments Specimen data entry in LIMS Operation of instrumentation
- Maintain specimen archive and perform specimen accessioning and data entry for test requisitions
- Accurately and timely perform assigned technical procedures for pooling plasma samples including appropriate documentation
- Work with robotic instruments to generate pools and allocate batches with liquid dispensing instrument
- Perform preventative maintenance, monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation Identify and correct problems that may adversely affect samples results
- Document corrective actions as applicable and report quality concerns
- Perform general laboratory upkeep and inventory control
- Comply with all company polices and safety procedures
- Experience with workflow management for sample pooling processing Effective troubleshooting for specimen instrumentation
- Effective at training and mentoring new staff members to achieve competency with lab processes
- Monitoring and reporting lab issues to lab management