Laboratory Operations Manager - Pathology
Dianon Pathology, part of LabCorp's Specialty Testing Group, is a leading provider of anatomic pathology with subspecialty expertise in dermatopathology, gastrointestinal pathology, hematopathology, and uropathology. Dianon has 30 years of experience providing specialized anatomic pathology services to physician practices and hospitals.
LabCorp is seeking a Laboratory Operations Manager to work at our Dianon site in Los Angeles, CA! This position will oversee the operations and administration of the following departments: Accessioning, PathSupport, and the Histology laboratory. The ideal candidate must be dynamic, possessing strong leadership and effective communication skills, and be able to develop and motivate staff. This is a non-technical administrative leadership role.
- Supervise the lab operations of the Accessioning, PathSupport, and Histology lab departments
- Monitor daily workflow in the lab, planning / scheduling for adequate coverage, and troubleshoot/ escalate problems, as necessary
- Serve as a liaison between specimen handling area and customer services, professional services, sales, and laboratory departments
- Responsible for the development of and adherence to quality assurance measures to monitor department efficiency
- Train appropriate departments on specimen flow procedures
- Manage staff including recruiting & hiring qualified and enthusiastic employees, performance management, training and development
- Engage in continuous process and service improvement. Make and implement recommendations to improve operational efficiency and implement new services for areas of responsibility
- Determine efficient workflow, capacities and staffing needs / oversight as well as troubleshoot problems as necessary
- Monitor time tracking system for employees and ensure attendance expectations are met
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry or related scientific disciple
- Minimum 8 years of relevant laboratory experience within a manufacturing, production, pathology, or clinical diagnostics lab
- 3-5 years of experience in a leadership role, such as a Supervisor or Manager of lab, preferably within a Pathology or Clinical Laboratory
- Previous experience managing a large team preferred
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.