Laboratory Grossing Technician (Histology)
Dianon Pathology, part of LabCorp's Specialty Testing Group, is a leading provider of anatomic pathology with subspecialty expertise in dermatopathology, gastrointestinal pathology, hematopathology, and uropathology. Dianon has 30 years of experience providing specialized anatomic pathology services to physician practices and hospitals.
LabCorp is seeking a Laboratory Grossing Technician to work in our Histology lab Los Angeles, CA! This position will be responsible for preparing tissue specimens for Pathologist diagnostic study. No previous histology experience required -entry level candidates encouraged to apply!
The schedule for this position will be Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Perform technical duties related to the production of histopathological slides, specializing in the accurate gross description and dissection of surgical specimens
- Prepare sections of human tissue for pathologist diagnostic study
- Diagram pertinent gross specimens as necessary
- Operate a cassette labeler, grossing of human biopsy specimens, tissue processor operation, embedding of tissue specimens, operation of automated stainer and cover-slippers
- Perform equipment maintenance as needed
- Record equipment log data
- Print and collate case worksheets, filing slides, jars, and paperwork, organizing waste and inventory
- Distribute cases to pathologists for diagnosis
- B.S./B.A. Degree in Biology, Chemistry or related life science required
- Candidate will need to provide official transcripts to be credentialed through the LabCorp National Office of Quality before being hired
- Previous experience working in a laboratory setting preferred
- Previous experience preparing chemical reagents a plus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven proficiency with numbers
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Vision Requirements: Far acuity - ability to see clearly at 20 feet or more; near acuity - ability to see clearly 20 inches or less; depth perception - ability to judge distance and space relationships; color vision - ability to distinguish and identify different colors