LabCorp (NYSE: LH), an S&P 500 company, is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care. LabCorp reported net revenues of over $11 billion in 2018.
Our technology is second to none and so are our Medical Technologists. Whether it's genomic testing, ensuring quality, or pioneering new research, our Medical Technologists continue our 35-year tradition of being one of the premier testing laboratories in the world. Sound like an amazing opportunity? Learn more about the role below and apply.
The Lab Supervisor I (LA STAT Lab):
- CA CLS Generalist License Required
- Supervise all lab department activities including managing performance of 15 employees
- Function as Technical Supervisor to give interpretation of results to physicians
- Perform pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic functions to reach goals and ensure stable conformance by staff
- Monitor Quality Control and LEVEY-JENNINGS daily to identify, investigate and troubleshoot any out of range controls data including shift trend or bias
- Enroll the lab in annually CLIA certified proficiency agencies
- Maintain staff competency records
- Correlate redundant instruments semi-annually and corrective action is taken
- Works in close communication with the Lab Manager
Assigns, oversees, and reviews the work of employees. Directs all phases of work, quality, service, and costs; and performs tests or assays as required.