Dianon Pathology, part of LabCorp's Specialty Testing Group LabCorp provides reference anatomic pathology testing services. Dianon has 30 years of experience providing specialized services to physician practices and hospitals. Dianon and LabCorp are focused on providing world class solutions to better the lives of patients living with cancer.
LabCorp is seeking a qualified Histotechnician/Histotechnologist who is ASCP Certified to work in the Los Angeles Lab. This is a great opportunity to get targeted one-on-one training and hands on experience that will help the individual grow their career within the Histology field.
Job Duties Include:
- Performs tissue embedding following established procedures.
- Performs routine cutting of paraffin blocks on a rotary microtome.
- Perform cutting of frozen tissue.
- Prepares reagents following established procedures.
- Maintains documentation of workload volume and appropriate records as required by the department, company and various regulatory agencies.
- Maintains block files.
- Maintains accuracy with correct patient tissue on appropriate assigned slides.
- Performs special staining procedures offered in the histology laboratory (automated and manual). Perform immunohistochemistry staining.
- Researches, troubleshoots and resolves inquiries or problems within the laboratory and with LabCorp clients.
- Performs reagent QC on routinely used reagents and troubleshoots reagent and instrument failures.
- Develops stain troubleshooting skills and develops trouble shooting skills.
- Assists with other non-technical duties within the laboratory as requested by the supervisor/manager to meet immediate needs of laboratory.
- Performs routine maintenance on laboratory equipment in designated area. This includes cleaning equipment, minor troubleshooting and reporting any irregularities in operation to supervisor/manager.
- Maintains appropriate records as required by laboratory, company and various regulatory agencies.
- Adheres to the laboratory's safety policies.
- Maintains adequate stock of working supplies, notifies team leader or supervisor of shortage.
- Helps with inventory procedures.
- Participates in required continued education activities.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree w/1-3 years of experience in Histology and obtains all licenses necessary for Histology or Associates Degree
- HT/HTL (ASCP) Certification or Board Eligible
- Experience in a histology lab setting.
- At least 2 years of experience doing microtomy experience
- Experience with special staining and immunohistochemistry staining