Location Los Angeles, California Job ID 19-80523
- Performs technical duties related to the production of histopathological slides.
- Research, troubleshoot, and resolve histology-related inquiries and problems within the laboratory and for DIANON and LabCorp's clients.
- Prepares sections of human tissue for pathologist diagnostic study.
- Process and embed tissue specimens, and microtomy of paraffin-embedded tissue.
- Operate the tissue processor, cassette and slide labelers, automated stainer and cover-slippers, performing equipment maintenance, recording equipment log data, printing and collating case worksheets, filing slides, jars, and paperwork, and organizing waste and inventory.
- Distribute cases to pathologists for diagnosis.
- Perform automated and manual special staining procedures offered in the histology laboratory, based on work flow needed.
- Other duties may be required by the department.
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree w/1-3 years of experience in Histology.
- ASCP Board eligible or HT or HTL ASCP certification. Candidate will be credentialed through the LabCorp National Office of Quality before being hired. Board eligible candidate will be required to complete the board exam prior to start date.