Histology Lab Manager
Location Los Angeles, California Job ID 18-87304 Date posted 10/26/2018
- Assign, oversee and review the work of employees.
- Provide training, guidance and direction to the staff.
- Assist in developing and implementing laboratory procedures.
- Troubleshoot equipment (LCMSMS, Hamilton/auto pipetting devices for example) and analytical problems; determine proper remedial action to be taken in response to test systems being out of control limits.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Assist in planning for adequate personnel and equipment.
- Perform all administrative personnel functions in the department such as performance evaluation and payroll processing.
- Understand QC practices and procedures.
- Understand analytical procedures, applicable sections of regulatory guidelines and functions of the LIMS.
- Perform testing as required.
- Perform other duties as required to meet departmental and company goals.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations and guidance (CLIA, CAP, FDA) for testing of patient specimens.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in histology and must meet CLIA requirements. B.S./B.A. Degree in Biology, Chemistry or related science as required by CLIA.
- HTL or HT ASCP
- QIHC ASCP