Histology Lab Manager
Location Los Angeles, California Job ID 18-87304 Date posted 10/26/2018
- Assign, oversee and review the work of employees.
- Provide training, guidance and direction to the staff.
- Assist in developing and implementing laboratory procedures.
- Troubleshoot equipment (LCMSMS, Hamilton/auto pipetting devices for example) and analytical problems; determine proper remedial action to be taken in response to test systems being out of control limits.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Assist in planning for adequate personnel and equipment.
- Perform all administrative personnel functions in the department such as performance evaluation and payroll processing.
- Understand QC practices and procedures.
- Understand analytical procedures, applicable sections of regulatory guidelines and functions of the LIMS.
- Perform testing as required.
- Perform other duties as required to meet departmental and company goals.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations and guidance (CLIA, CAP, FDA) for testing of patient specimens.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in histology and must meet CLIA requirements. B.S./B.A. Degree in Biology, Chemistry or related science as required by CLIA. Candidate will need to provide official transcripts to be credentialed through the LabCorp National Office of Quality before being hired.
- HTL or HT ASCP
- QIHC ASCP