Histology Lab Manager
The Dianon division of LabCorp is seeking a Histology Lab Manager to join their team in Los Angeles, CA! Dianon Pathology is a leading provider of anatomic pathology with subspecialty expertise in dermatopathology, gastrointestinal pathology, hematopathology, and uropathology. Dianon has 30 years of experience providing specialized anatomic pathology services to physician practices and hospitals.
- Assign, oversee and review the work of employees.
- Provide training, guidance and direction to the staff.
- Assist in developing and implementing laboratory procedures.
- Troubleshoot equipment (LCMSMS, Hamilton/auto pipetting devices for example) and analytical problems; determine proper remedial action to be taken in response to test systems being out of control limits.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Assist in planning for adequate personnel and equipment.
- Perform all administrative personnel functions in the department such as performance evaluation and payroll processing.
- Understand QC practices and procedures.
- Understand analytical procedures, applicable sections of regulatory guidelines and functions of the LIMS.
- Perform testing as required.
- Perform other duties as required to meet departmental and company goals.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations and guidance (CLIA, CAP, FDA) for testing of patient specimens.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of histology experience.
- B.S./B.A. Degree in Biology, Chemistry or related science as required by CLIA.
- HTL or HT ASCP certification.
- QIHC experience.
- Previous management experience.
- QIHC ASCP certification.