Genomics Specimen Accessioner (2nd Shift)
Location Los Angeles, California Job ID 18-84698 Date posted 11/29/2018
We are seeking a Specimen Processing Specialist to join our fast paced Reference Specimen Control department!
- This is a multi-discipline role with 3 primary components: specimen accessioning, sample splitting/sorting and data entry.
- Prepares laboratory specimens for designated departments/locations prior to laboratory analysis and testing and routes specimens by type to various staging areas.
- Performs all paperwork, technical and non-technical procedures required to process and submit specimens.
- Assigns specific computer generated identification numbers, checks for accuracy and records all items processed.
- Operates data entry terminals and automated data systems, follows standard sequences/coding when entering data and corrects, edits, and/or verifies data entered into automated systems.
- Perform eSIS audits to resolve any outstanding problems.
- Other duties as requested by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-3 years of experience in a clinical laboratory setting preferred.
- Must be detail oriented
- Heavy walking and standing required