Employee Relations Specialist (Remote Opportunity Available)
Primary Job Responsibilities
*Responsible for providing Employee Relations (ER) and Labor Relations (LR) support to managers and functional team members including administering employment policies and practices, ensuring CBA adherence, researching and/or investigating team member concerns and making recommendations that effectively promote positive employee relations. Conducts workplace investigations. Counsels management with respect to federal, state and local EEO and other personnel laws, ensuring consistent interpretation and application of laws, CBA, policies, procedures and precedence. Recommends effective solutions for addressing workplace issues and corrective action in accordance with personnel policy and applicable laws. Performs required tasks and initiatives, following the guidelines and procedures established, maintaining appropriate documentation and records for Employee Relation/ Labor Relation cases, helps establish ER metrics and helps drive ROI. Delivers service in a professional and efficient manner, providing prompt assistance while managing expectations to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
* Develops case management and/or investigation plan for each case. Utilizes proper resources; identifies witnesses and key individuals; determines method, order and timing of interviews, evidence to gather; maintains contact with service request owner. Conducts investigations, as appropriate, including remote or onsite interviews with key individuals utilizing standard and probing questions to effectively collect pertinent facts needed to resolve the case. Gathers evidence and facts required for conducting a proper assessment of the case; handling evidence in accordance with all company policies and guidelines. Identifies the company policies and practices that are relevant to the case in order to identify when a violation of company policy has occurred. Based on the findings, researches and recommends the action(s) to take to appropriately resolve the case.
* Consults with and advises managers regarding workplace issues and recommends appropriate personnel actions in accordance with Company policies and guidelines, CBA, and applicable laws. Coordinates review with employment law on guidance as appropriate in addressing cases that may result in potential legal action. Assists managers as needed in preparing corrective action documents and performance improvement plans, and preparing for employee conversations. Notifies manager of process and timeline based on the recommended actions. Reviews escalated matters with appropriate stakeholders at appropriate time in the case lifecycle and operates as intermediary as needed between the manager and the stakeholder.
* Assists team members with workforce issues by listening empathetically to concerns, managing expectations, and handling the case in a sensitive manner. Keeps team member regularly informed of the status of the case, informing the team member of obligations to ensure a timely and accurate handling of the case in accordance with company policies and guidelines.
* Collaborates effectively with others in order to execute tasks and fulfill key deliverables within the HR functional area(s). Integrates efficiently with team members in the functional area(s) and seeks to provide expertise/advice in the area of specialization as appropriate. Strives to gather and share information to allow for transparent knowledge transfer and effective overall capability of the HR functional team.
* Remains current and informed in the field of Employee Relations in order to share knowledge and insights with others. Maintains up to date knowledge of federal, state and local EEO and labor laws.
* Takes ownership of all assigned tasks, initiatives, inquiries, and escalations within the HR functional area(s) of specialization and makes sure that they are resolved and completed efficiently and with a superior level of quality. Follows up and provides continuous feedback, guidance, and information to customers, key stakeholders, and peers within the HR functional area team. Ensures high-quality standards for all activities, initiatives, and tasks within the designated geographical area(s) of responsibility. Adheres to all established service levels.
* Communicates and interacts effectively with customers and HR team members while displaying empathy and courtesy. Cultivates a high level of trust with all customers, stakeholders and team members. Educates and informs employees of the full range of HR services available to them.
* Ensures that company policies and procedures are adhered to and in compliance with all applicable Federal and/or state laws. Makes a conscientious effort to ensure that the workplace is free of all discrimination and harassment.
* Serves as a liaison for a particular business area and contributes to the relevant team meetings as needed.
*Delivers individual and group training as needs are identified.
*Contributes to location specific administrative tasks as appropriate, to include new hire orientations and paperwork processing, audits, foot traffic, call center coverage, and any other tasks assigned as necessary to ensure the proper service levels of the greater HR team.
Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in an HR concentration such as an HR Generalist, employee relations, labor relations, training and development, OD/OE, diversity, compensation, benefits, and/or talent acquisition.
*At least 2 years of experience working in labor relations.
*Knowledge of federal, state and local employment (EEO) and labor laws
*Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing effective solutions to resolve problems.
*Experience communicating both verbally and in writing to various audiences.
*Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
*Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
*Willing to travel up to 60% of the time for business purposes (within state).
*Experience working in a customer service environment.
*Experience providing employee relations support virtually to team members in multiple locations.