CLS Technologist (3rd Shift)
Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (NYSE:LH), an S&P 500 company is a leading life sciences company, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostics solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to provide better care. With net revenue in excess of $9 billion in 2016, LabCorp's 50,000 employees serve clients in 60 countries.
We are seeking a CLS (Clinical Licensed Scientist) Technologist to join our Genome Genotyping lab team in Los Angeles! This person must have the certification CLS (Clinical Licensed Scientist) or CGMBS. We are a high volume fast paced environment. Assays performed in our department utilize both automated and manual testing methodologies. Entry level candidates meeting degree requirement welcomed!
- Receive specimens for testing; evaluate specimens and test orders; determine priority of work and batches to maintain acceptable turn-around-time; recognize unacceptable and unusual specimens and handle appropriately.
- Perform testing on biological samples, quality control samples and proficiency samples making measurements and calculations.
- Evaluate raw and final data for accuracy; recognize and correct errors and unusual results; interpret results to produce a final report.
- Maintain, calibrate, and clean instrumentation; perform scheduled and as needed maintenance and critical function checks recognizing significant changes in instrument function; trouble shoot as indicated.
- Perform required QC/QA duties including: following quality control rules; monitor controls for error detection and take corrective action; maintain laboratory records, maintenance logs, quality control charts, reagent and standard logs, and worksheets.
- Perform SRS and reference accept functions as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must have a BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or other related science to include 16 credit hours of Biology, 16 credit hours of Chemistry, and 3 credit hours of math constituting a biological science major as required by CLIA.
- 1-3 years of experience in a clinical laboratory.
- Experience in high volume PCR and/or Molecular laboratory preferred.
- City/state licenses or permits to qualify as a Technologist.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment.
- Must be certified CLS (Clinical Licensed Scientist) or CGMBS