* Testing, validation and implementation of new laboratory procedures and software to include LIMS, Probabilistic Genotyping and Massively Parallel Sequencing
* Assisting the technical leader in providing technical oversight of STR and Y-STR DNA analysis
* Helping to ensure compliance with accreditation standards
* Reviewing and improving standard operating procedures
* Conducts and/or directs the analysis of forensic samples, interprets data, reaches conclusions, issues reports, testifies in legal proceedings and performs technical and administrative review.
Requirements* Master's Degree or equivalent in biology, chemistry, or forensic science related area with 3+ years of forensic human DNA laboratory experience;
* 12+ semester credits of a combination of graduate and undergraduate courses in: genetics, biochemistry, molecular biology and statistics or population genetics;
* Candidate should be qualified in STR typing with the CE platform. An ideal candidate will also have training in other technologies including YSTRs, mtDNA, and serology and be familiar with ISO 17025;
* Previous supervisory experience and completion of FBI sponsored auditor training a plus;
* Previous experience with software and/or validations a plus;
* Excellent oral and written communication and organization skills; and
* Individual must be self-motivated, energetic, and able to work in a diverse team environment.
ScheduleMon-Fri 8am to 5pm