Hospital Specialty Lab Assistant
Location Lincoln, Nebraska Job ID 18-87681 Date posted 11/14/2018
- Assist in the Histoprep function of the job as it relates to specimens and slides normally within a hospital lab.
- Collect tissue specimens through out the hospital and log them in and accession them.
- Assist Pathologists with various tasks including getting them slides to review, administrative tasks, and various procedures through out the day.
- QC maintenance on configurators.
- Must be willing to be on call 1 week every 7 weeks and work a weekend rotation 1 weekend every 7 weekends. This position also rotates holidays.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Life Science, Biology, Chemistry, or related program
- 1-2 years Lab experience, including school labs
- Self motivated individual who can work without a lot of direct supervision
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient in computers
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong administrative skills including proficient 10-key
- Prior experience working in a fast paced environment
- Prior experience in a hospital setting is preferred
- Flexible--will travel between 3 different sites and 1 remote location.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record