At LabCorp we have a passion in helping people live happy and healthy lives. Every day we provide vital information that helps our clients and patients understand their health. If you are passionate about helping people and have a drive for service, then LabCorp could be a great next career step!
We are seeking a Patient Service Center (PSC) Site Coordinator to join our team in Laguna Hills, CA. This position will be responsible for the coordination and oversight of activities of Patient Service Centers within an assigned area. The PSC Coordinator will work closely with the PSC staff, management, as well as the laboratory staff and clients to ensure optimal operation of the Patient Service Center. The position will also perform phlebotomy and specimen processing procedures at LabCorp Patient Service Centers under minimal supervision.
The schedule for this position will be: Monday through Friday 7:30 am -- 4:30 pm, overtime and rotating weekends maybe required
Location: 23961 Calle De La Magdalena #400 Laguna Hills, CA 92653
- Observe and report any performance, compliance or staffing related issues to supervisors
- Manage and monitor patient flow, wait times, inventory levels and information logs
- Monitor monthly productivity reports and report any deviations as necessary
- Address any customer service related issues in a prompt and respectful manner
- Promote team work, cohesiveness and effective communication among coworkers
- Perform blood collections by venipuncture and capillary techniques for all age groups
- Collect specimens for drug screens, paternity tests, alcohol tests etc.
- Perform data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner
- Process billing information and collect payments when required
- Prepare all collected specimens for testing and analysis
- Administrative and clerical duties as necessary
- Travel to additional sites when needed
- Must have a California issued Phlebotomy License or have an application for Phlebotomy License filed with the California Department of Health at the time of hire
- Previous experience as a phlebotomist; 2 years is preferred
- Previous experience is a leadership position is a plus
- In depth knowledge of phlebotomy duties, responsibilities and techniques
- Proven track record in providing exceptional customer service
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Comfortable working under minimal supervision
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record if applicable
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Able to pass a standardized color blindness test
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!