Lab Supervisor I - Knoxville, TN
Location Knoxville, Tennessee Job ID 19-80745
Assigns, oversees, and reviews the work of employees. Directs all phases of work, quality, service, and costs; and performs tests or assays as required.
Performs and directs test and analyses according to established procedures in a Core Lab setting for Chemistry, Hematology, and Blood Bank.
- Trains new employees
- Department processes 3,500-4,000 Outpatient samples per night.
- Department processes, 700-1000 Inpatient samples per night.
- Continuously works with administrative staff and Technologists/Technicians to create more efficient lab processes.
- Excellent team with which to work!
License/Certification/Education: Normally requires a B.S./B.A. Degree w/4+ years of experience. Must meet all State and Local licensing requirements where the laboratory is located and must meet CLIA requirements.
- Experience with Cerner Millennium is a plus
- Must have excellent client service skills
- Must be able to run a bench also
- Must be highly deadline driven