Lab Supervisor I Houston TexasApply Now Requisition Number 69164 Date posted 03/27/2017 Shift 3 Work Schedule Tuesday - Saturday 1:00am - 10:00am
Assigns, oversees, and reviews the work of employees. Directs all phases of work, quality, service, and costs; and performs tests or assays as required.
Laboratory Supervisor -- Houston, TX 77040 -- LabCorp is seeking a Supervisor to oversee the immunology and chemistry department in Houston, TX! This position will have the hours of Monday -- Friday 8:00am -- 5:00pm with occasional night shifts. The candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills in the areas of developing, training, and motivating staff, as well as driving compliance with standard operating procedures and quality control measures.
The functions of the Supervisor position will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Oversight of approximately 25 employees in the chemistry and immunology department including training, scheduling, performance evaluation and management
- Approves and enters payroll and Vacation Time off requests in a timely manner for staff.
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting, and training new hires.
- Oversight of the operations of the lab staff, processes quality control, and overall production operation of the Immunoassay department testing.
- Assigns, oversees, and reviews the quality of employee work, directs all phases of work, quality, and service.
- Completes quarterly evaluations and reviews them with direct reports in a timely manner. Will ensure staff follows all policies and will follow corrective action when necessary.
- Ability to relate professionally with employees and clients, motivate others, and demonstrate leadership or courage.
- Normally requires a B.S./B.A. Degree w/1-3 years of experience. Must meet all State & Local licensing requirements where the laboratory is located and must meet CLIA requirements.
About LabCorp® Laboratory Corporation of America® Holdings, an S&P 500 company, is a pioneer in commercializing new diagnostic technologies and the first in its industry to embrace genomic testing. With annual revenues of $5.8 billion in 2013, over 34,000 employees worldwide, and more than 220,000 clients, LabCorp offers more than 4,000 tests ranging from routine blood analyses to reproductive genetics to companion diagnostics. LabCorp furthers its scientific expertise and innovative clinical testing technology through its LabCorp Specialty Testing Group: The Center for Molecular Biology and Pathology, National Genetics Institute, ViroMed Laboratories, Inc, The Center for Esoteric Testing, Litholink Corporation, Integrated Genetics, Integrated Oncology, Dianon Pathology, Monogram Biosciences, Inc, Colorado Coagulation, Cellmark Forensics, MedTox, and Endocrine Sciences. LabCorp conducts clinical trials testing through its LabCorp Clinical Trials division. LabCorp clients include physicians, government agencies, managed care organizations, hospitals, clinical labs, and pharmaceutical companies. To learn more about our organization, visit our website at: www.labcorp.com.