Cytogenetics Technologist (1st shift)
The Integrated Genetics Division is seeking a Cytogenetics Technologist to join their team in Houston, TX! The position will focus primarily on chromosome analysis. This is a dry site that analyzes routine blood chromosomes utilizing the Applied Spectral Imaging software. This position will not involve in any wet lab bench work, and will only focus on chromosome analysis.
This position will have first shift hours from 8:00AM --4:30PM, Monday -- Friday.
- Analysis of chromosomes, which includes imaging and karyotyping of cytogenetic specimens
- Review test requisitions to gather pertinent details for analysis
- Summarizes test results utilizing ISCN nomenclature
- Distinguish between normal and abnormal test results
- Performing routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Perform and evaluate troubleshooting, document all corrective actions as needed
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- B.A./B.S. in Biology or relatable life science with a minimum 1 year of experience working in a Cytogenetics clinical laboratory required OR
- BS in Cytogenetics Technology with no previous expeirnece required
- ASCP certification in Cytogenetics highly preferred, but not required
- 5 years of Cytogenetics experience and ASCP certification in Cytogenetics required at a Senior Technologist level