Specimen Process/Data Entry
Location Herndon, Virginia Job ID 19-82123
Please note that this position requires data entry skills at 6,000+ kph. The assessment included in your application includes a data entry test and is required for consideration.
- Prepare laboratory specimens for analysis and testing
- Unpack and route specimens to their respective staging areas
- Accurately Identify and label specimens
- Pack and ship specimens to proper testing facilities
- Meet department activity and production goals
- Properly prepare and store excess specimen samples
- Data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner
- Resolve and document any problem specimens
Please note that this position requires data entry skills at 7,000+ kph. The assessment included in your application includes a data entry test and is required for consideration.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- No relative experience required; 1-2 years preferred
- Previous medical or production experience is a plus
- Comfortable handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong data entry and organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
- Ability to pass a standardized color blind test