Lab Manager II
Location Herndon, Virginia Job ID 19-81596
- Oversees the operations and administration of several departments within a LEVEL II laboratory environment.
- Management of testing personnel following established standard operating procedures for specimen handling and processing analysis.
- Ensures that team members adhere to quality control policies and documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, reagent preparation and testing, and instrument maintenance
- Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance, and takes authorized corrective actions
- Detects when test performance is not within acceptable levels, and documents all corrective action
- Specific tasks for this job in this section will include the following:
- Oversees coordination of schedules, distribution of work and usage of laboratory resources
- Develops and implements improvements to lab workflow
- Coordinates hiring and training efforts
- Other related duties as assigned
- License/Certification/Education: Requires a B.S./B.A. Degree in Medical Technology
- 5 years of Management experience and must meet CLIA requirements
- Mathematical, computer, reasoning, and language skills at the professional level.